Security cameras are so present in our daily lives that we often do not observe their technological differences, nor do we reflect on their other features, which go far beyond capturing images. But, if you want to deploy or expand your monitoring system, you need to know the possibilities in order to choose and invest in the most appropriate cameras for your scenario.
With that in mind, we have compiled this content with everything you need to know about security cameras. Discover the main technologies, camera models, their resources, possibilities and applications. Follow!
Security camera technologies
We know that the basic function of a camera is to capture images, but they are capable of doing more than that. These devices – which are part of the most sought after security solution today, the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) – have different technologies, which directly imply the functionalities and qualities offered.
Did you know that there are analog cameras, others that only need an internet connection to work, and also Wi-Fi models?
This technology started to be very widespread in the 1990s and continues to be part of the system of many equipments.
The analog system works in a simple way, by capturing waves in their original form, in audio or video, which are recorded and processed. Through a coaxial cabling structure, the analog video is transmitted to a TV circuit.
Advantages of analog cameras
- Easy installation – they only need a coaxial cable and a DVR. It is also possible to use UTP + Balun cable (or power balun).
- Low investment.
- Good image quality – now possible with the development of HDCVI analog cameras with 720p to 4K (2160p) resolution
- Compatibility – analog models, are easily compatible with systems composed of cameras from a different manufacturer.
In IP technology – present on the internet, phone calls, emails and smartphone applications – data is captured and transmitted over a network. Because of this, among its benefits are image quality, remote access and installation flexibility.
Advantages of IP cameras
- Flexible technology and easy installation – IP installation uses fewer cables because it has PoE, which facilitates system expansion. In addition, the installation is decentralized and it is not necessary to take the camera cable to the recorder: the equipment is connected to the network and therefore does not need to be in the same environment. With IP CCTV, it is also possible to use an installation with radios or fiber optics.
- System with guaranteed expansion – The expansion of IP CCTV systems is easy and smart. Keeping the same structure, it is possible to connect two groups of cameras with just 1 cable.
- Free from noise and interference – Offering IP CCTV means selling products with maximum signal quality. IP technology is immune to noise and interference, even when running the cable near the power grid, for example. Either the system works with excellence or does not work, there is no partial operation
- Exclusive features – Only a versatile system such as IP CCTV can guarantee the maximum performance of fisheye cameras, with a resolution of 12 MP, higher than 4K. In analog systems, for example, these specifications work with less performance, especially in recorders.
- Maximum video intelligence – In CCTV IP, video analysis is done on the camera itself. Processing is decentralized on each camera and does not overload the recorder. Thus, a great advantage of this technology is to have video analysis on all channels of the recorder. Complex functions, such as Auto-tracking on speed domes and the Heatmap, are still exclusive to IP technology.
This technology is viable thanks to the Internet of Things – IoT – and makes monitoring more practical, especially for internal and external areas that are not very large. It is also a great option for the care of pets, babies and other people in need of special attention.
Advantages of Wi-Fi cameras
- Easy installation – no connection cables required.
- They are portable – the cameras are plug and play, just plug them into any outlet to use them.
- High definition images and night vision.
- Accessible from anywhere – in real time via smartphone.
- Memory card recording – capable of recording up to two months of images.
- Cloud recording service (Mibo Cloud): 3, 7 or 30-day recording plans with contracting directly through the Mibo Cam application. ¹
What types of security cameras?
Not only are the technologies different, but there are cameras with specific characteristics that must be observed when choosing those to compose your security system. Find out below the most common types on the market.
The Bullet camera – called so because it resembles the shape of a firearm bullet – is suitable for outdoor environments where there is an intention to highlight the presence of this equipment to provide a sense of security . Due to its shape, it is less used indoors, being overlooked by Dome.
Small and discreet, Dome cameras – which have a shape similar to a lady’s – are suitable for installation on the ceiling and wall of indoor environments .
Some of its models are metallic, ideal for busy indoor spaces. There are options with infrared and a safety capsule to protect the lens, which prevents the identification of the direction of image capture.
These can be controlled remotely through a video monitoring center or by a watchman. Speed Dome cameras have an optical zoom capable of moving in 360º.
This camera is more suitable for robust monitoring locations, being resistant to impacts.
Cameras with varifocal lenses have an adjustable focus, making them a good choice for monitoring a specific scene from a distance . For example, to monitor the access gate of a property where the camera cannot be too close.
Security camera features and possibilities
The main function of the cameras is to capture images for monitoring, right? But some other features have been developed to expand its possibilities.
The market today has thermal cameras – for temperature control of people and equipment – models that have resources with: artificial intelligence, violence detection, people counting, facial recognition, among others.
The advantages of artificial intelligence
When used in a CCTV Camera Installation in Noida , artificial intelligence brings a series of advantages and features for monitoring, after all, it is a technology with learning capacity, able to recognize patterns and infer about everyday situations. Thus, we can list three main advantages:
But do you know what are the main features enabled by AI?
Used to monitor environments that require detailed surveillance, such as airports, ports, banks and government agencies, it differentiates everyday events from risk or threat facts .
The cameras used in this system have high power zoom and can differentiate solid objects from lights, shadows and wind, and identify vehicles, people and animals of different sizes in any climatic or environmental situation.
Measuring proximity between people
In some environments, it is necessary to maintain a certain distance between people – and between people and equipment – to avoid accidents or other risky situations. Cameras with proximity sensors connected to artificial intelligence assist in this control, including the issuing of alerts when the minimum proximity is not met.
Detection of suspicious attitudes
Abnormal behaviors are detectable with AI , which facilitates the work of security teams. When the system perceives behavior outside the normal standard, the monitoring center or the guards are notified.
One of the most sought-after technologies today, facial recognition is indicated for authentication of access to restricted environments, based on the face reading of authorized persons. It can also be used to identify criminals and offenders, whose actions are captured by monitoring Security cameras.
This type of technology is intended to account for the number of people who enter or transit through a particular location. From this calculation, it is possible to generate reports that will be used to support, develop and optimize marketing actions and obtain data on the effectiveness of these actions, in addition to assisting in the management of spaces in concert halls, stadiums and the like Abdul Rimaaz.